In a photo from 1969, a couple of centennial dignitaries share a conversation over a photograph. Planning for the Galt centennial started the year before, and events lasted a large portion of 1969. In May, Carol Stanley was named Centennial Queen in a Galt High School Auditorium pageant. A luncheon included Assemblymen Edwin Z’Berg and Leroy Greene. July brought the centennial-themed Old-Fashioned Fourth of July. Lt. Gov. Ed Reinecke (left) was the keynote speaker at Warrior Stadium, accompanied by Miss Galt, Carol Stanley (right), and Centennial Sweetheart, Mary Pritchard. Two other honors were announced, Charlie Bellie became the Citizen of the Century, and former heavyweight-boxing champion and one-time Galt citizen Max Baer became Athlete of the Century.
- Police swear in, promote 8 officers; Walton retires
- Jan James Balukoff
- Young dancers celebrate America in annual recital
- Gary Lynn Coggin
- Friends, family remember the life of author Hank Harrison
- Wanderous Lewana Dozhier
- Galt police arrest 5 in paintball gun assaults
- Sebastian Baez Galt High School Male Athlete of the Year
- Celebrating red, white and blue to take more green this 4th
- McCaffrey principal Ron Rammer promotes his final class
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.