There were several small towns established during California’s Gold Rush that have come and gone. One of those started with a general store located at what is now the intersection of Elliott and Liberty roads. Originally called Hawk’s Corners, the town became Elliott, named after Dr. George Elliott, who had established a small town two miles north of the intersection. As the town grew, a school was needed. According to historians, there was a school in Elliott as early as 1858 but the first officially recognized school was built in 1870. In the 1875 and 1890 censuses, Elliott School had average attendance, between 25 and 35 students. As surrounding towns grew, Elliott’s population dwindled until the school closed and the students were absorbed into the new Oak View Union School District in 1929.
- Coffee comfort, goal of Café Latte Co.
- High school district earns international recognition
- Galt Youth Commission is recruiting
- Elementary district considers options for re-opening on Aug. 13
- Herald Fire swears in new board member
- Jeanne M. Ross
- Amazon to open $21.3M center in Elk Grove
- GLANCE BACK
- Project Roomkey trailers arrive at Wilton Rancheria casino site
- Hawk and Warrior selected to Optimist softball All-Star team
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.