Oak View School

This photo dated 1937 shows the graduating eighth-grade class at Oak View School. Before the turn of the Twentieth Century, there were two schools in the northern area of San Joaquin County south of Dry Creek, Telegraph and Elliott. Both were one-room schoolhouses with 25 to 30 students each. In 1929, the two schools were combined to form Oak View School, and a new school was built on the southwest corner of Collier and Dustin roads. In 1932, Huston School became the third school to be annexed into the Oak View School District. Over the years, Oak View School has remained kindergarten through eighth grades that feeds into the Galt Joint Union High School District. Boundaries are roughly east of State Highway 99 and west of State Highway 88, south of Dry Creek and north of Jahant Road.