Installation of Freemasons

A program from the 1970 installation of officers for the Galt Lodge No. 267 of the Free and Accepted Masons describes the order of events and rituals in becoming Masons and Mason officers. The back lists past masters of the Galt Lodge and is a who’s who of early Galt history. Samuel Palin was a local farmer, Frederick Harms and James Christian were local physicians, William Bland was the principal at Galt High School, and Wallace Sawyer and Joseph Orvis were local businessmen. Galt Lodge #267 was established in 1882 and had their meetings in the Oddfellow’s Hall. Because of the background of the Freemasons, they are usually tasked with laying of cornerstones, the ceremonial first stone set in a masonry foundation. Galt no longer has a Masonic Lodge because of lack of attendance. They merged with the Woodbridge Lodge #131 in 1993.