As was the custom in Galt, there was a parade for the Sacramento County Fair, this one in 1951. The Galt Fire District volunteers entered one of their fire trucks, and the riders are, from left to right, Walt Froelich, Jacob Jacobson, Cliff May, and someone unknown. This particular year, we believe the parade staging area was at Galt High School. The Sacramento County Fair would be in Galt for another two years before it moved to Sacramento. It would be just a matter of time before local organizers continued the tradition of having a fair and calling it the Galt Festival.
- Coffee comfort, goal of Café Latte Co.
- High school district earns international recognition
- Galt Youth Commission is recruiting
- Elementary district considers options for re-opening on Aug. 13
- Herald Fire swears in new board member
- Jeanne M. Ross
- Amazon to open $21.3M center in Elk Grove
- GLANCE BACK
- Project Roomkey trailers arrive at Wilton Rancheria casino site
- Hawk and Warrior selected to Optimist softball All-Star team
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.