A photo from around 1975 shows the little building at 550 C Street. This four-room edifice was built simultaneously as the water tower in 1936 and became the office of the Galt Water District. The district was in charge of the town’s water, water lines and tower. In the mid-1970s, the local chapter of the Veterans of Foreign Wars became the owners and used it as a clubhouse. A few years later, a doublewide modular building was added. In 2008, the VFW lost its charter for lack of members, and local dentist Dr. Kenneth Sanford purchased the building and leased it to the Galt Area Historical Society. Last year, the Galt Teen Center moved in when the historical society began establishing its event center at McFarland Ranch.
- Police swear in, promote 8 officers; Walton retires
- Jan James Balukoff
- Young dancers celebrate America in annual recital
- Gary Lynn Coggin
- Friends, family remember the life of author Hank Harrison
- Wanderous Lewana Dozhier
- Galt police arrest 5 in paintball gun assaults
- Sebastian Baez Galt High School Male Athlete of the Year
- Celebrating red, white and blue to take more green this 4th
- McCaffrey principal Ron Rammer promotes his final class
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.