It’s challenging to get a photo of two historic buildings if they are on opposite sides of the same block. This view is as close as it gets. In the background is the original Galt Grammar School facing B Street. In the foreground is the second Methodist Church on C Street. School trustees built Galt Grammar School in 1878, while church trustees built the Methodist Church in 1900. They coexisted for 17 years before a new Galt Grammar School made the old one obsolete in 1916. Builders incorporated the old church into a new one built in 1927. Church trustees demolished both former church buildings to construct a new one in the early 1970s.
- Coffee comfort, goal of Café Latte Co.
- Group holds peaceful rally to reopen Galt
- Multiple veiled suspects damage local business in overnight raid
- High school district earns international recognition
- Galt Youth Commission is recruiting
- Councilmembers, city manager speak out
- Elementary district considers options for re-opening on Aug. 13
- Three-sport athlete Sanchez voted GHS Female Athlete of the Year
- City plans light show in lieu of Independence Day Celebration
- Carolyn A. Bauer
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.