Fourth and C streets
Some of the photos in the Galt Area Historical Society collection are undocumented. By looking at this one, it is easy to get an approximate date and a definitive location. The saloon in the middle of the photo is unnamed but was located on the northeast corner of Fourth and C streets. Looking east down C Street is another saloon called the Phoenix Saloon, which would become the 417 Club one day. In the middle right is the back of the Galt Grammar School. A Sanborn fire insurance map dates these structures to 1888.