From the Archives

Galt Supermarket - In October 1947, a grocery store opened across from Galt High School on A Street. William O. “Bill” Kelley and Sam Schwartzman would name it K and S Super Market. Two months later, Kelley left and Schwartzman continued to run the store but reduced the name to just Super Market. Around 1960, Schwartzman sold out to Charles Liss and he officially changed the name to Galt Supermarket in 1964. Liss sold the small grocery store to Frank and Cynthia Lee in 1969. The Lee family still owns and runs the store. Galt Supermarket will be celebrating 75 years next year. Does anyone know the name of the church in the upper left corner? The photo was taken in 1953.