In the 1920s, the intersection of B Street and Lincoln Way was the eastern end of a route west to Thornton. This sign welcomed motorists into Galt as they passed through on their way through the business district. The route went west on B Street, south on Fourth Street, and west on F Street, turning into New Hope Road. It is surmised that the Chamber of Commerce had a hand in the sign’s erection in 1925. This photo dates to around 1929. No one knows when the sign was removed. Out of the image to the left was the Midway Saloon and Restaurant, and the Christian church is visible in the middle.